Thread: Myth Buster
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 06:26 PM

I just wrote a long reply -twice, only to have it disappear -twice.

The jist of my long-windedness was - when faced with disabling pain - when faced with 2 previous failed disco/lamis - when faced with no life - what are we supposed to do?

The options are - less proven remedies, more disco/lamis leading to further DDD, fusions, which curtail mobility, perhaps drastically and lead to further DDD, or ADRs, which preserve mobility, can also lead to further DDD albeit at a slower pace but is also the new kid on the block with little history to back various claims.

I laid around all day, everyday, going out only for physical therapy and doctors appointments. I had 4 bad levels, 3 of which were pain generators. I no longer even had dinner with my family and could barely stand long enough for a shower.

You're proof that education and research don't always work - but what are our other choices???????? I believe that is the question.

I should also add that no surgery should be taken lightly. Hospitals can be dangerous places. 'Things' can go wrong. But again, weighing your options and deciding on the best course for ourselves, is all we have.

I have complete sympathy for everything you've gone through and understand your anger and frustration. I wish you all the best. And even knowing what I know now, knowing the kind of life I had and the kind I have now, realizing that the daily pain I live with might have been avoidable, and then again, maybe not, I would do the same thing again. You would not.

My best to you Anastasia, Dale