View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 10:55 PM

Maria,

First, only you can decide when any pain requires medicinal intervention.

My legs sustained quite a bit of nerve damage during my surgery. My right leg came back about 90% but my left leg is only about 60-70% with my thigh still mostly numb. However, even without exertion, my foot is constantly on fire. Upon exertion, from my big toe straight up to past my ankle, my skin becomes so sensative I cannot even touch it, thus my love for my summertime sandals or better yet, shoeless.

While taking Lyrica and before that Neurontin, my leg was still weak but mostly pain free, even upon exertion. Now, even a small amount of walking can set it off. Only while on a recent vacation did I realize the extent of my disability.

My toes, on both feet, cramp upon exertion and my left foot might swell and become blotchy, taking days to return to 'normal'. It is often worse at night.

However, these drugs can rob you of life's desires. Since creative endeavors light my world, this was unacceptalbe. I could function but wanted nothing. Even as I write this, my foot is on fire but I barely notice it when doing those things I love.

If your pain does indeed stem from back issues, when added to all your surgeries, you become faced with a decision. I do take Celebrex daily but it does not help much with the burning or sensativity.

Also, you would know better than I but I don't think this is the type of drug to take only when needed?????

Dale