View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:15 PM

Default re Wii

Dale,
My friend w/rare progressive form of MS and significant loss of use of right leg turned me on to playing a multitude of Wii sports and boy am I terrible at most!!! At first I threw my shoulder and elbow out on one arm playing something and skiing was really a hoot.. tho I just love how many different sports/active games there are to play! I swear I've gotten good workouts this way!

I find I'm able to sit much more now than in ages. Friday went out to Happy Hour and then later dinner at friends so sat about 4 hours off and on. Got up Saturday early a.m. and legs felt weak and back hurt on one side but then yesterday had about an hour ride to dh's grandson's first bday and back with no problems. That was really so nice to be able to enjoy the day and not even think about anything to do with my back!

In fact now it seems I'm rarely reminded of back probs. It's such a great change and it'd be wonderful if it would last tho I'll take it while I can get it!

A big part of why I was afraid to have more lumbar surgery hinged on the degree and amount of burning pain/neuropathies I had post my failed 2nd spine surgery and honestly I never thought I'd feel this well and esp. off the Neurontin.

I did leave my housekeys in my SIL's car yesterday tho so guess my memory is still a bit sketchy tho one less thing to blame it on!