View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:51 PM

Rob,

I certainly don't know enough about either your specifics or Pilates but I found my own balance with it. I believe it has done wonders for me though I still have a very far way to go.

I have individual instruction and limited my sessions to half hours only, after first trying hour sessions for 3 months. Fortunately, my studio is very willing to work with me. If it hurts, I do NOT do it. After a year, I now know how much I can push and when to rein it in. There are so many variances, if I can't do something one way, my instructors usually can find another way that works with my limitations. They also tell me I'll probably never be able to join a class and unless someone else comes in with the same specific limitations, I am on my own. It's very expensive.

Two friends tell me they don't understand why it's so difficult for me, that they don't even break a sweat. I work very hard during my half hour sessions then come home and do cardio for at least another half hour, more often longer.

My leg is still bad - my fitness level is still low - but I finally found a way to do something about it --- very slowly.

If you can't do it, you can't but at least you tried. It took me four years before I tried.

Dale