View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:31 PM

Default Not just that..

If I had a dime for every suggestion people make to me regarding my back and how to handle pain or general exercises for back problems I could have probably reached millionaire status by now. What gets me is it's often someone that's never had a back surgery let alone a failed back surgery and spent the latter half of their life as a person with some major spinal issues.

Even tho people may mean well many a person can go on endlessly even after I state my case and pretty much say I don't feel like talking about it as I'm pretty much talked out on this topic these days and really have moved on where my spine isn't my universe as far as controlling my life anymore. If someone has real questions and wants information that's another story tho I don't care to be lectured to by the inexperienced and unknowing. Again valid concerns, questions are fine ... lectures on how I should take care of my back aren't welcome (so a little interest is OK tho lectures.. not).

Usually I just say I don't want to waste time talking about my back because I have everything pretty much under control and it's a boring topic~ let's talk about something fun/interesting/exciting!

However that being said~ cold damp weather does bother my back and I have osteoporosis so it's important to monitor one's bone mineral density and seek treatment for osteopenia and osteoporosis. DDD causes can be multifactoral and people should educate themselves about it happens as we age just some of us know about it because we're symptomatic or had xrays/MRIs/CT scans and such and some think they're exempt and have never even had any testing done so may be unaware.

Some of what people ask or talk to us about is a good opportunity to educate with the knowledge we have picked up along the way in our spinal expertise of sorts!

Last edited by Maria; 12-17-2010 at 07:42 PM.