Thread: Nursing staff
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:22 PM

Default Nursing staff

I'd like to bring an issue to the forefront which I believe we've discussed before but is well worth mentioning again. Another poster wrote of her husband's incompetent or 'lazy' nurse. I too had an issue with nursing that could have killed me. I actually received an apology from the hospital as well as cancelling their entire bill. I know of another patient who actually called 911 because his nurses were -lazy- incompetent- uncaring, take your pick. My mother-in-law needed assistance. She asked for help several times before I went to find her - reading a magazine!

Nurses have a difficult job and I've encountered far more caring ones than the other way around BUT - it just takes one who can turn your healing into a downward spiral. Many nurses have spinal problems and some are posters on this and other forums. They know first hand how hard they work(ed) in their professional lives. It's a thankless job sometimes and some give the entire profession a bad name but no one deserves incompetence.

You are your own best advocate. If you think something is wrong, it probably is. Even if you fearthe nursing staff will think you're a pain in the ass, stand up for yourself. Demand the care you need and settle for nothing less.

To all you 'good' nurses out there, thank you. To all those on this forum, perhaps you can recommend some valuable tips on do's and don't's.