View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 PM

Default Pain meds and working

I have posted this on other sites, but am yet without a straight answer. After trying to work for a while after hurt ,but having trouble walking, lifting etc ( very manual work) I was advised I needed to quit a 100000 yr job or the rest of my life would be terrible, so after much thought I did and returned to school. Well I am a semester away from grad. and boy am I scared how to handle the spine thing. Do I tell them up front, do I not , I don't want to lie etc. But my biggest fear is this: I have fought this Tspine pain so long without much pain meds and it has really worn me down and beat me, so my doctor finally wants to get me on a pain management program with pain killers. I earlier did not want to do it due to family history of drug addiction, but I am ready now. But if I take a drug test for work, what will happen, there is so many people abusing pain killers in the area that don't need them I am afraid that will make me look bad in the eyes of the employer. If I have prescription will the meds still be reported ? I am grad. in mechanical engineering so not any manual lifting. Any advice would be appreciated.