Thread: AN update
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM

Steve,

First, though others may have it worse doesn't mean your situation isn't bad unto itself. And as 1 level melds into another, you have plenty to complain about. And honestly, hardly anyone with severe spinal problems which were resolved (or not) with surgery has no residual problems. Though considering my surgery successful, I live in constant pain however managable. I occasionally have my pity parties despite other's successes and failures. We all want to see the world through a half full glass but damned if that glass isn't half empty at times.

Then... after all you've been through you find yourself back to where you need more surgery and possibly more surgery. However, if others who've had 7-9 t-spine fusions live somewhat normal lives, you have hope that you too can be pain free. And since they don't move much to begin with, adjacent segments have little to worry about?????

If you do decide to have another surgery, I so wish you well. I can imagine you're saying 'enough already'.

Off topic, I just smiled as I wrote that - I remember saying that exact phrase when in the throws of labor, shortly before giving birth. I would then say to my crying babies 'enough already'. I would say the same to my toddlers, my children, my teenagers, my young adults and now my 30 somethings. I suppose this is life!

Whatever happens next, I wish you good luck, Dale