Thread: AN update
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 03:55 AM

Hi all. Yes! To my amazement, the MRI is for the most part clean!! Though, that's just based on reading the written report. Havent met with the neurologist yet. I dont see how it was so clean given that Ive had occasional slight burning in my hands and arms, and also have experienced the old below the waist nerve tenderness (but very slight, but noticeable)

The only thing that was found wrong was as follows below. Everything else was normal so I didnt retype the good parts.

Findings : There is mild disc space narrowing and anterior marginal endplate vertebral spurring from T4 through T 10.

Impression: Mild multi level mid thoracoc Spondylosis, but no disc displacement, and no canal foraminal stenosis.

Upon looking at my films, I do see very thin Thoracic discs, and yes, the T4 disc looks the thinnest and the darkest.

However, I have good news to share . About 8-10 days ago, I switched from neurontin (which seemed to of stopped working) to Lyrica. And within 2 days of being on lyrica I was pain free!! I went from pain levels of 5-6, and having to take pain meds almost every night to a occasional pain level 1-2 on a few nights a week and mostly no more pain meds . Ive taken meds for pain only once , maybe twice in the last 12 days. I thought Id wait a week to be sure it wasnt just a temporary natural reprieve. But having 9-10 days 90% pain free, I know it has to be the lyrica. I was pain free within 2 days of starting lyrica. And I dont have that deep tender sore spot over T4 anymore either. If lyrica was just blocking the nerve pain, I would have thought Id still have that sore spot over T4, but its also gone.

Lyrica kicked my pain's butt! Total KO. Amazing. Hope it stays that way, Mark asked me to do a seperate post about my Lyrica experience so if you see it posted again here, thats why I did it. I pray this isnt just a temporary relief. We'll see

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.

Last edited by steve55; 01-30-2011 at 04:00 AM.