View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:13 PM

Paula,

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find compassion and wisdom from those who have and are walking in your shoes.

I had a 3 level Prodisc 17 months ago. Severe distraction damage is keeping me still in the healing stage but I can sit much longer and for the most part, have gotten my life back, which is why we choose adr's over other surgeries.

Anxiousness is all a part of this. I've no doubt that as your surgery date draws nearer, you'll be filled with greater doubts, fears and anxiousness. This is normal for any elective surgery made worse when dealing with your spine. Those of us who have already had the surgery know exactly how your feel and those still waiting are experiencing the same feelings. The TBI is a great facility and I'm sure they'll do a wonderful surgery and you'll experience a great outcome.

Please feel free to vent as often as you want. This is scary, pure and simple and we'd be more concerned if you didn't have these worries. So sit back (I know you can't), take a deep breath and make your plans for your recovery, which must not be rushed.

You didn't mention which levels are affected. Are you going for a multi-level procedure? When is your surgery?

And yes, I am a woman despite my name. Please take care and good luck,
Dale