Thread: CD-Horizon
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 04:50 PM

Welcome to the forum fischotter,

I think it's quite rare that an implant actually breaks and you had all 3 break? Now you have what can be described as sciatica pain.

I'm assuming your 4 surgeries were single implants, 1 level at a time. Your last surgery was to replace the previous 3 implants? Who did your surgeries? Did the same doctor do all of them?

Regardless, it's time to get another opinion. Radiating pain can be caused by something touching your spinal cord. The pain actually comes from the nerve which is in your back. If something irritates this nerve, you'll feel the pain in your buttocks, down your legs, in your feet, etc. Relief can only come when the pressure is taken off that nerve, so your doctor has to find out why this is happening.

Obviously, he hasn't explained this to you and hasn't looked for the cause. Find a doctor who will investigate the cause. Covering your pain with drugs does nothing to find out why you have this pain in the first place and 4 years without a diagnosis is too long.

Let me also add that once the source of this pain is discovered, there may or may not be something that can done to fix it but you should still try to find out what is causing this specific pain.

Good luck and please keep us posted, Dale