View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:51 PM

Default nti

Newhere,

Unfortunately, depression goes along with this kind of pain. For two years I had no life. I couldn't even sit at the kitchen table to eat dinner with my family. Until I discovered ADRs, I thought I'd either have to live my life with severe pain or have a 4 level fusion that in all probability would have left me quite disabled.

You should never give up hope because there is a light at the end of the tunnel. True, the tunnel can be very long and you might be crawling through with the speed of a snail but know there is a light.

I know of two women, one cervical and one lumbar patient, both severely depressed and both suicidal. One of them 'accidentally' overdosed on pain meds. The other is busy traveling all over the world after years of relentless pain. Fighting to stay positive was difficult but so worth it for her and it is for you.

If you find your depression too difficult to bear, please try other medications or combinations of meds. This is not a one size fits all. We're all individuals with varying reactions to all the medications out there. Please keep trying. You are worth it.

Dale