View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 04:45 PM

Hi Back2lyfe and welcome to the forum,

I'm sorry you need to be here - spinal problems are quite intricate and confusing to maneuver around.

Nerve questions are difficult to answer because very little is known about them. Will they heal? Can they heal, etc. A nerve conductivity test should answer whether your nerves are still functioning but that won't answer if they'll come back or how much they might improve, only the possibility.

After nerve damage during surgery, my nerves tested positive but after 5 years, normal feeling has only partially returned. At this point, it's unlikely there will be any further improvement.

However, I must ask what you have done to try to fix your two year old problem? What have doctors advised you. What kind of doctors have you seen and how many? Suffering as you have for two years is too long, especially if a herniation is compressing your spinal cord. When was your last MRI and what were the results.

Please tell us where you live and perhaps someone can recommend a doctor(s) for another opinion. This has been going on for too long.

Dale