View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:02 AM

Default 4 months post 3 level ADR and still having some stubborn issues!!!!

Hi all,
Heading to a neurologist tomorrow to set up a EMG test and a possible myleo ct ( cervical) to see if the nerve roots at the ADR levels are still be compressed on by the left over disc material on the sides of the ADR devices. Noticing that the muscles in my hand are getting smaller especially on the outside ( between the wrist and pinky finger) and between the index and thumb). Hope the Emg comes back normal but I just don't know.

Not really looking forward to the myleo ct as it takes a spinal tape to be done. I just have to find out what is going on so that it does not progress any farther if I can stop it. I pray that the 40,000 I spent on my 3 level ADR was not wasted and that I am still just healing, I'm not even sure if it is nerve pain or muscle pain. When I put my head down to far though the pain is and ache is intensified to where the back ache and forearm pain come together, and the pain is further down than my upper back than where I had my surgery.

Anyone have any imput on these two tests as I am new to both. I feel like I went from a perfectly healthy man to a falling apart person in less than a year a d I hope I am just being impatient but my worry is that if the nerves are still be compressed then damage is being done that might not go away. This is the reason I tried to get to my herniations before they did years of damage to my spine and my nerve roots. So angry that this is a wait and see game that has me depressed and mad that I might have wasted all that money and not have some piece of mind. Surgeon says give it a year and that he has seen worse cases than mine get better over time, so I still cling to that hope and wake up every morning thinking that today is the day these symptoms will start to diminish. Sorry to vent but I am also so glad there are others on the forum that can relate and understand!!

Thank you all, Jarrod