View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Work for or represent Regenexx or had any area of your body treated in this manner in the facilty mentioned? Would be interesting to here first hand experience if you are indeed an actual patient/recipient.
I am looking into Regenexx myself. It sounds good but I can't find any double blind studies only testimonials. I have read on other forums of people getting good results.

I have also read about athletes having similar procedures done with good results.

The regenexx procedure is different in that the use something in the patient's blood to grow the stem cells. Because this is not a new substance the FDA rules are iffy. The FDA is trying to call it a medication but Regenexx is calling what they do surgery. I would trust Regenexx before I would trust the FDA but Regennex could be a scam.

As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out. Stem cell therapy is not being treated rigorously because it is something that can't be patented and whether people want to admit or not American medicine is about money first and foremost. For every Dr Oz there are 50 Dr Greeds. The sad fact is bad medicine is more lucrative than good medicine.

Take a look at the current ADR available. These things are tinker toys. I really don't think the best mechanical engineers are designing these things. The one that makes the most sense to me is a Neo Disk. It doen't look as pretty as the M6 but if it functions as well from a motion point of view I would IMO say it is superior because if implanted properly is won't migrate and it's a much simpler procedure. It also, as far as I know contains no metal so there is less chance of toxicity or metal allergy other than the screws. But the screws don't rub against anything so they probably won't shed metal.