View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 01:50 PM

sept 13th 6 weeks postop
Hi!
Ive got the opposite going on: I am only getting better, all back pain gone and the only pain left is the muscle pain due to physiotherapy. Speaking of which I got the directions for hardened exercise today: I used to do the stuff three times a day in bed (and actually worked up a sweat) but from now on I ll do the exercises standing up and in bed with the RUBBER BAND, like the one they had in hospital. My PT says he has never seen similar rapid progress and by and large I should be rehabilitated before Xmas. I keep the brace on during day but in the evening I take it off for hours, because the physio has made my spine very supported and I m not afraid of falling down any more. Only three weeks and the f´n brace will be off for good!! Im heading to Lapland to my university in a couple of weeks and I really feel that the travel wont be a problem. I already walk around my home town for a couple of hours everyday routinely.
I´m having my control with my surgeon next week and it will only cost me about 300 euros. so Cheap I could cry!! If there is no migration or subsidence I´m pretty much done!! Also my surgeon said if need be he´ll do the Verteboplasty for me here in Finland.
I´m happy to hear that you´re making gradual progress in the right direction and remeber that Dr. Bertagnoli told you to expect A LOT OF PAIN. But in time it will pass I´m confidant so just keep the spirit up and it will be resolved in time. Do let me know how the control is.
Larry
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5