View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 03:21 AM

Default Shoulder Blade ache that makes me wanna kill myself!!!!

Hi,

If I am forced to deal with this shoulder blade ache for the rest of my life then someone please kill me before I do it myself! This ache is relentless and it intensifies when I cough or when I sniffle too. It does not seem to rear its ugly head when I am busy with activity or such. When I sit or stand still foe very long it is there in such an agonizing way I can't stand it. It is my left inner shoulder blade and I am at my wits end with it!! I went to the neurologist Nd had a cervical emg done and I have a trapped ulnar nerve that has to be released by surgery. So I have read that it can cause inner shoulder blade pain and am praying to GOD that it helps relieve this ache. I guess I had double crush syndrome since I had this nerve (c8) entrapped in two different places. I will get the surgery on may 31st. I cannot live like this anymore and I am so stressed out and worried that the 3 level adr was not successful and that the c8 nerve root is sti compressed that it makes me sickto thinkabout it. My neurologist sId wait and see what
The ulnar nerve surgery does and then a myleo ct is next.

Mark, I have not forgotten about the pics either! I have just finished my semester at school and will be emailing them to u for u to post. Life has Been so hectic latley and to do it in pain just makes it harder.I feel like Dr. Clavel did a good job and he reassured me that he thoroughly decompressed the c8 nerve root since he knew this was the herniation that was causing me all the problems. He said they took extrA time cleaning it out and decompressing the foraminal openings before placing the m6 disc. My mind is racing about thinking I may have a entrapped nerve somewhere else from the trama had during the weightlifting accident where I injured my c7/t1 disc. Maybe a subscapular nerve or TOS or brachial plexus injury. Also a long thoracic nerve entrapment or something. I feel like I can rub it out sometimes but I have it rubbed so hard I am bruised afterwards (girlfriends hands). So I just don't know anymore or where to start if the myleo shows nothing. I could just kill myself as I am not accustomed to this type of unrelenting pain. It has emotionally and physically exhausted me. I am so glad I finished my semester At school... But I will be starting the RN program in august and don't know if I can pull through those 2 years with this pain. I am just venting and fusterated so I apologize for the post as I k ow there are others much worse than me. I have to find a solutionto this or I am going to go crazy and just finish myself off. I have had broken bones facial fractures, stitches, staples, other surgeries and a whole host of injuries and I have never had to deal with this type of never leAve u alone pain before. Iam just at my wits end and needed to vent. Also may 9th will 5 months post. So any advice or words of encouragement would be nice. Thank you everyone for listening.

Jarrod