View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Jarrod, I'm so sorry that you continue to suffer. One thing at a time though... if the indications are clear for the trapped ulnar nerve, you'll have to take care of that first. But, please explain??? Isn't the trapped ulnar nerve a local problem that is DOWNSTREAM of the scapular pain you are experiencing. How can it refer upstream?

Have you tried lidoderm patches? If not, you might want to ask your doc about them. The help me with the referred pain that is caused by the muscles getting tired from the constant guarding or spasms. As I understand it, there is almost no systemic value and the drug remains local, so there is little risk associated with them. But... always check with your doc... don't believe what you read on the internet!

Re: nursing school... work ahead while you can... I remember the enormous amount of memorization that was required of Diane.

I look forward to seeing your films.

Oh yes... take note of what flares you up and do what you can to avoid it. This seems obvious, but for so many people, paying close attention and making appropriate lifestyle changes can make a huge difference. (spoken by the guy who spent all day yesterday throwing zoey around... wrestling with her... no taking my own advice. I'm paying for it very severely today... really hurting badly.)

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org