View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:46 AM

Question

Yes, I have contacted him a few times and he was VERY helpful. The problem really comes down to this: I know who the best surgeon is; it's just that A. I am not sold on the disc he uses. and B. He hasn't responded with the total amount I need upfront and C. Even when he does respond, I definitely don't have the other family member involved in this financial decision onboard with that choice because of the obvious reasons: upfront payment needed without guaranteed reimbursement AND because I'm having difficulty raising that much cash period. I think I have a pretty good chance of getting it reimbursed because it sounds like my surgery has been 'downgraded' to a hybrid/one level ADR w/fusion, but I haven't received ANY correspondence from the aforementioned surgeon's office regarding insurance codes, letters for preapproval/necessity to insurance company, etc. And, they have not responded to the fracture that they missed either, aka: contraindication to 2 level ADR. I AM so afraid of falling into the 25% rate of people that are worse off than before surgery that I am hearing about, but the pain is at a point now that I just don't care anymore, I just want to lie in the O.R. and have them cut the pain out! (Clearly, that's not good). If I choose Plan B, I don't know how to find enough patient's stories in U.S. who have used the NY surgeon, is that because of HIPPA laws? Am I the only person who's financial health issues have made their spouse nauseated? (I am being facetious to a point, but do feel like a very large dollar sign these days). Maybe I should have a lemonade stand? ha ha
Severe degenerative disc disease @L4-5&S1, lumbar & sacral arthritis, Mild degenerative facet disease; spinal stenosis, Left-sided spondylolysis @L5 with a grade I spondylolisthesis @ L5-S1; osteopenia (hips), lumbar radiculitis; surgery 5/31/11 with Dr. Fabian Bitan for 1 level ADR/fusion (hybrid).