View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM

Smile

Did I just read that correctly? Dr. Regan did a surgery on you and you woke up and couldn't breathe? (45% lung capacity) Are you on oxygen? Wow, my head is swimming over your prognosis. I am sorry to even mention my 'very' small issue after reading your post.

Well, it looks like I will be staying in the U.S. for surgery. I can get a line of credit out of our house but just think it would not be wise to pay upfront. If there is a complication and insurance does not pay (I have a friend this happened to for another surgery and she was in Mayo for 14 months, do the math on that). And I just had BCBS rescind payment for a different issue all together for my son which means I am paying the other $9,000 owed to them this week. go me. ha ha.

Thanks so much for ALL of your support. SO nice to be amongst people who get the whole "I have fallen but I can't get up" crowd. lol. Hey, humor has taken me many places in life. I believe I will be getting my hybrid (1 level fusion @ S1/L5 plus ADR at L4/L5 in New York City. If ya'll don't mind, I will hang out on this forum to get me through this process; and then, maybe I can be of help to others.

Funny, I thought my DH (darling husband) was gonna pass out when Mark called from Germany yesterday on my cell phone. He said that is $10 minute! I said he used skype...not sure if that matters, but he told me it was only 4 cents a minute...Thanks for all of you who get the whole: "I feel like a very large Greenback" concept. My best to all of you and no hard feelings to anyone; I don't feel like anyone came down hard on me at all.
Severe degenerative disc disease @L4-5&S1, lumbar & sacral arthritis, Mild degenerative facet disease; spinal stenosis, Left-sided spondylolysis @L5 with a grade I spondylolisthesis @ L5-S1; osteopenia (hips), lumbar radiculitis; surgery 5/31/11 with Dr. Fabian Bitan for 1 level ADR/fusion (hybrid).