View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 AM

Unhappy Lost It at my surgeons office today!

Hi,

I am new here and have been reading some of your posts tonight.

I had my second back surgery by a second surgeon for a reruptured disc at L5-S1. I still have severe pain from sciatica and know that I need the ADR. My last surgeon and I have talked about this, but I am so weak and upset that the pain is back so soon that I don't know where to start.

I went back for my 6 week checkup today and after over 3 hrs. of sitting in the waiting area, I totally lost it when my surgeon told me that I had spinal fluid on my spine after surgery. All I could hear ringing in my head over and over was that "I was going to have to have another surgery because of spinal fluid"! I couldn't even respond for crying. He said for me to come back in 2 weeks and if my swelling around my incision has not gone down he would have to go in and fix it.

I cannot keep this up! I am not being taken care of in the area of pain control. I don't sleep, I have to forcefeed myself, I am never happy, I cannot control my crying anymore, I fake a smile when needed, and my 16 yr. old daughter and my husband are losing it too. I simply EXIST! This is not living.

I need all the information I can get about surgery in France, Germany, etc. Also, U.S.A. How much will it cost $ total to go to another country and stay to have the surgery and how long before I can come home. Also, I need a surgeon or doctor in my general area that can help me with aftercare. I am not happy with the surgeons I have used.

I really need this information ASAP, as I cannot take this pain much longer. Not a suicide case, just know that this surgery only put another "bandaid" on that will most likely tear soon. I am also very dissapointed with aftercare and pain control with this surgeon.

I have good insurance, but haven't talked to them about ADR yet. Probably doesn't cover everything, but I can pay for it myself if I have to.

So much for my daughters college fund, our IRA,s, etc., savings, etc.! Guess I'll just have to go back to work when I am better!

I sincerely appreciate and look forwar to any responce. Thanks for listening.

CarolJ

MVA - March 19, 1991/Compression Fracture L1 spine
DDD
Osteoporosis
Lumbar Discetomy L5-S1 - October 10, 2010
Emergency Lumbar Laminectomy for rerupture L5-S1- April, 2011