View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Wink Tim Vain from Dr. B's office called

Hi again,

Just wanted to thank those who replied to my thread. The information you gave me helped so much and made me feel so much better. Just knowing that I am not crazy, but right, has helped me to make the right decision.

I contacted Dr. Bertagnolli from his website and to my amazement was contacted by Tim Vain in only a few hours. This was so impressive. I could not believe how fast he called. I was also very impressed at how he took so much time talking with me. Tim was also helpful in letting me know that the physical therapy, which the surgeon had me doing, was making things worse(in my case anyway).

I did stop the therapy for one whole day and could not believe how much relief I have gotten. Not only did my swelling in the incision area from spinal fluid leakage go down, but the pain threshold is way down. In one day I have gone from taking up to 7 or 8 Loritabs(only giving some releif) to only 4(with somewhat more releif) in a 24 hr. period. I also did not need to use the icepack all day long. I even got a little nap yesterday afternoon. I just dozed off for about an hour before dinner time, which is something I never do. I have been on sleeping medication since last year when I first ruptured this disc and steadily having to take more because I become immune to the medication so quickly. I did not take it last night and I didn't sleep last night, not neccissarily because of pain, but most likely some anxiety thinking about everything I need to do to get things rolling for surgery and of course, coming off the sleeping medication. I also truly believe the physical therapy was making things so much worse.

I am getting my records together and sending Dr. B what he will need to assess my condition. This will take time but know that the time will be worth it when I get my new disc.

So, thanks to all of you from iSpine for your replies and thanks so much to Dr. Bertagnolli and Tim Vain for acting so quickly. I now have a completely new outlook on life and am once again very hopeful that everything will be ok. I actually smiled a real smile many times today. Also, my child and my husband are feeling better, which was my main concern other than my own depression.

My husband will be going with me to Bogen, Germany for the surgery. Tim even offered to go with me whether my husband could go or not to help with translation and care. WOW! Again, WOW! I could not believe he offered to go with me. I cannot begin to tell you how this made me feel. I cried not only while talking with him, but after I got off of the phone from sheer relief. I am exstatic at how much help you can receive if you do look further than your local surgeon. Its so great to be treated like a human being rather than the next side of beef on the line!

Thanks to all,
CarolJ