View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 12:20 AM

I also have the wrap around rib pain thanks to ligaments that were overstretched during my initial injury, so now the rib heads like to slip out of place. Causes horrible, stabbing chest pain that wraps around the ribs. I go to the chiropractor for adjustments and I also use an exercise ball to put them back in when I can't make it in for appts (no way to explain it for you to safely do it yourself, I would suggest working with a PT). Mine is a constant thing...they're always sliding out and I put them back in. I've tried PT targeting the surrounding musculature to tighten things up, but with little success.

If you get no success with standard doc visit, I will call a chiro. If you have reservations about audible adjustments (aka cracking), just let them know you're not comfortable with audible release and they can use a different technique to adjust you (flex/distraction). I also get laser treatments (low level laser) to address some of the neurological pain issues and the large amounts of scar tissue that came from the original injury and the subsequent muscle damage.

Best of luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.