View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 01:18 AM

Default newhere

And anybody else.. I don't know where you live (what state/country) however it's really pretty odd that I learned how helpful an injection of Toradol was for me after many years with back pain (25plus) and probably at least 12 with neck pain.

I was in such bad neck spasms one day that I could only move my eyes not my head at all (after 2 weeks of neck hurting) so I finally went to Urgent Care and was given a shot of 60mg IM (intra muscular) Toradol and the relief was nearly instant!

Since then (that's been 4 years ago) I've gotten injections for my lumbar spasms and it's helped equally as much. I have gone to Urgent Care to get an injection, or gotten one at my regular Pain Manangement appt. or at my Orthopedic doc's office and even in my Primary Care Providers office.

I was an RN for many years and became a Nurse Practitioner. Not sure for anyone out of the country if that means anything but for here in the USA that you know what that is most likely so I am actually able to give myself injections as I have that knowledge/ability. Not saying I like to but I can.

And so I have injected myself with this medicine when I couldn't get to the ER, UC, or my PCP's office and was in just a state of terrible spasming. The results have been good.

Again I do not say this is a drug that provides long term relief nor am I saying necessarily it's a drug that will help everyone for their particular problem altho it is a pretty good drug "intramuscularly" to help alleviate spams so it's probably worth a try if you're able to tolerate the components of this drug.

It has been extremely helpful to me. There were some times in the past that I'm pretty sure if this drug was available (and maybe it was) I would have not spent weeks in bed w/down time.

I truly hope whatever is going on with you (and Mark and others) with t-spine pain as it really sounds terrible to deal with as well as those with cervical, lumbar and any kind of pain will just "go away." If that's not happening then I hope that whatever is going on can be figured out in terms of pain generators and there's solutions. Yeah...