View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 05:40 PM

Hi dismissed and welcome,

I'm sorry you're getting the runaround from you doctor and health care. Please tell us where you live and what your insurance circumstances are so we can better make recommendations.

What you experienced with your doctor is not unique. If he was recommended by your insurance co., tell them what happened. If he was a referral from your gp, same advise.

As for your nerve damage - there is no way to foretell the permanence of nerve damage but the longer it exists may impact both the time it takes to 'heal' and/or that it will not get better. Even masking the pain with various strong pain killers will not diminish the damage.

As it appears you need to wait to visit any doctor, including pain management, I would suggest ice to keep swelling down. I've been told 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off but honestly, I will stay on ice for much longer. Heat can be beneficial to those muscles in protective mode but if it makes the pain worse, stay away from it.

I'm sorry you find yourself in this game. It's ruthless and apparently we don't count. I wish you better care,

Dale