View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 PM

Cheryl,

I have chosen to not take these drugs which did control the majority of my pain. The result is other meds to help me deal.

I take Celebrex daily and am very nervous as to its dangerous side effects. I have been taking it for almost 6 years now but every time I try to stop, the pain is just a little too intense. I often take muscle relaxers to help me sleep because sometimes I cannot find any comfortable position in bed. Then I also have just plain pain meds.

This is a trade-off. I can control my pain but lose control of my brain (and eyesight) or I deal on a day to day. Unfortunately, sacrafices are a way of life for most spineys. Each person must decide for themselves what they can and cannot live with/without. Then again, there are some of us that have few choices. As much as I hate living with pain, I'm still grateful that I'm so much better than 6 years ago.

Sounds to me like you have to deal with your pain directly and/or learn to live with it. Giving up your favorite things is too big of a sacrifice, IMHO.

Dale