Thread: Celebrex
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Default Celebrex

I've been taking this drug for 6 years now and have tried to get off of it several times. Recently, I decided to try again. First I took it every other day, then every 3rd day and stopped taking it altogether 2 weeks ago.

My pain definitely increased, especially in bed at night, I simply could not get comfortable. I don't do well lying down. But I was hanging on, hoping it wouldn't get worse but then again, we all hope for the best.

Last night, my left ankle so sensative the slightest touch hurts, both my feet burning - my right foot started tingling, then pins and needles and then lightening bolts of pain piercing my outer foot to the inside, repeatedly, several times a minute. No position changed this pain. Walking relieved it only slightly. At 3am I'm probably not thinking all that clearly anyway but it took another hour before I reached for the Celebrex.

I have never had an experience like when this medication took hold. I could actually feel it washing over me as it started at the top of my thigh and gently but quickly, trickled down my whole leg until all the pain stopped.

As much as I fear this drug, this morning I am once again much more comfortable. My ankle is still sensative but I don't need to protect it. My feet still burn but I'm not aware of it all the time. I know Celebrex is not good for me, especially long term and as I get older but I see no other alternative.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Dale