View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 PM

FYI,

An VA loan is assumable with no credit check. A va loan is available only to veterans. Then upon selling their house, they can, at their option, have their loan assumed by the buyer.

A VA loan required no down payment so the chance of someone in trouble, who cannot make their payments, etc. and who has lost enough equity, etc. that can make up for years of payments - may also require no down payment. The loan is assumed at whatever the original interest rate...

With interest rates so low, an assumable loan may not be as attractive so these loans my be out there. Since interest rates have been on the decline for several years now, this type of loan may still be attractive. If you're interested, contact a local real estate agent and see what they have to say.

Many smaller townhouse associations have fewer restrictions on animals but then again, you're not restricted to townhouses, I just think it would be a little easier on you but the cost of a gardner, etc. may be less than association dues. You could be careful about putting aside funds for upkeep... I still think it would be less expensive than rent.

Food for thought - Dale