View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Judy,

Though your postings seem to indicate you're mentally coping with everything that's going on but I suspect this is not the case. You seem to have had boundless energy and now you're tired all the time. This is a sign of depression. I would say it was due to your surgery but you didn't claim fatigue until a few weeks later. It's a coping mechanism, an escape from reality which is too difficult to bear.

You also seem to be stressing over seemingly minor matters. Should you begin volunteering again now or wait... Don't misunderstand me. No one minds assisting you in whatever way we can. We welcome the opportunity to ease you plight, no matter what, when or why. Your medical plate has been overflowing for years and now your personal plate has exploded. We're here for you Judy but in reading between the lines, in my opinion, you're not angry enough and/or not showing the huge range of emotions that you must be feeling at this time. I could be way off base but I do worry about you. You are on my mind more than you know. And now I've been getting a little scared that you're not dealing well, which may be the only way you know how but I'm also recommending therapy. You have to let all this out and you're not doing it here. You can't do with your children. Instead, you're tired and you go to bed.

As for your company - I'd wait to do anything new until she leaves. Company, even visiting family, has a way of taking up a lot of time and exhausting you, if based on nothing other than upsetting your daily schedule.

Now, Jeff inviting the boys and not the girls 'because they wouldn't go' is a crock. Parents face rejection everyday and when they do something to incur the angry of their children, they should not, at least to maintain the relationship, avoid their children just to avoid their rath. But I'm getting into personal attacks on that SOB (excuse me) so I'll back off now.

Please pay attention to yourself Judy. We're on your side -

Dale