View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Judy,

I assume your psychiatrist eventually found his voice - what did he say as to your depression? Did he give you any coping suggestions? Stress very definitely interferes with health if for no other reason than you hold yourself more rigid. Also digestion and other stomach functions are affected. Relaxation is not in the cards unless you practice it. So yes, your recoup has been negatively affected. Again, I strongly suggest mediation or deep relaxation at least twice daily. It's so calming to escape for those 10 minutes and let's your body and overworked muscles get a few minutes off.

I also think it's probably time to stop hoping Jeff will come to anyone's assistance for any reason. He has checked out and if you expect more, you're setting yourself up for more disappointment. I think he will only give what he is legally obligated to give and nothing more. Sad - but the way it is. From what you've said in the past, it sounds like he was moving away from family life for a long time.

Judy, this is going to sound like a weird suggestion. Try googling a joke site and read a few everyday. Putting a smile on your face or a giggle in your throat is also a good escape. Laughing is also very good medicine. Just be careful not to laugh to hard as it could hurt your back

Dale