View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:06 PM

When anything happens to our dogs, it's just like our family. I'm sorry Lola is sick and that you had to leave her at the vet. Did they find anything? Is she still in pain? And now, as a result of carrying her, you find yourself in pain once again too. It's a vicious cycle, one to which we're all susceptible.

Lucy is pretty old now, at least for a big dog +80lbs. She lives in pain but most pain killers upset her very delicate stomach. I had some Tramadol left over (never helped me) which is recommended for dogs and gave her 1/2 daily for a month or so. It helped her a lot and she now seems more comfortable. She no longer can go for walks and plays very little. Julius won't consider it's her time so we all do the best we can. She still enjoys her family, especially the 1 year old -

Judy, good news about the attorney and moving forward. I could say something about having money for vacations yet nothing for a daughter's car, but I won't. I hope that mediation makes him face reality. It sounds like he's thinking with the wrong head! Tell me, do his brains fall out everytime he unzips his pants?

I find it strange that both of you walk easier on hills than flat land. I cannot walk uphill. I must bend forward to do so. I haven't been able to walk uphill since my surgery yet you find it easier. And now, walking is difficult altogether. My leg, and both feet flair up but I'm hoping it's due more to the heat which I guess I'll discover soon enough.

This week, for me has been very difficult. We had a big family dinner and I've had to spend much of the week in my chair and on my entire med cocktail. Last night I iced my back down for several hours which seems to have helped a little. I'll try again tonight, along with everything in my medicine cabinet. The down side is it seems to affect my eyesight for the day. Hopefully by Monday, when I'm watching 2 of my little monsters, I'll be good to go.

And of course, my daily reminder - take it easy, rest and relax

Dale