View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Judy,

Just this week reports have come in about the failure rate of metal on metal hip replacements. I don't know which one you have - but whichever, perhaps that could explain your pain. As for writing out questions for Dr but leaving them home, welcome to my world.

I know nothing about SS or disability but am doubtful there is no program out there that can help you. I am eligible for MediCal but was told they deny all requests and a lawyer or advocate is usually necessary. However, circumstances prevent me from availing myself.

Maria, did you know salt air is a natural anti-inflam. My asthma is triggered by moist air (mold, mildew, etc) but at the beach, I breathe easy. A business, The Salt Chalet, has salt rooms to arthritis, asthma... sufferers. Too expensive for me but the beach is free! I wonder - if I lived closer to the beach if I'd be able to walk daily. It is also possible, a lack of oxygen might be causing my leg to tire quickly - just a thought. However, Julius won't consider it, even if we could afford it, because the salt air also rusts cars!

No books in print yet - I don't know anything about online publishing but my son keeps talking about it. I'm currently editing my first book (again) to bring it down to 125,000 words. When done, if you're really interested, I'll email it -

Dale