Thread: Judy how are U
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Hi Maria,
I am fine. Just got back from Florida last night. I used a wheelchair at the airports. some times they were ready for me, sometimes not, but eventually they got their act together and i did catch all my flights.
I never would have made it trying to walk in my post op shoe thingy.
My foot really hurt and actually woke me up at night in Florida for the first 2 nights. Then i started icing it more and more and usually was at the couch or on the porch with my mom and had it up. It is better now. The doc told me to wear the shoe thing for at least 2 weeks , well that is now and i think i will just be hanging around the house today and won't need to put anything on.
My broken toe on the other foot is so painful . I feel it all the time. Half of my foot is bruised from that one. I am such a clutz.

The epidurals i had the week before the foot surgery did wonders. My hip pain and my butt pain is still gone. Last time i went to Florida in Feb. I was in a lot of back pain after the flights there. This time not so much at all. I still have the problem of the standing up straight, but the rest of the pain is gone. Now it is kind of just around my waist hurts . I will see my doc at the end of the month and have him take the x-rays to determine the alignment .
He is sending me to physical therapy to work on it all as that is the first step.

My mom has the old dial up type of internet so i rarely if ever get on her computer. Then i would have to know my log in info for ISpine and who knows what that is. I have it written down at home .

so i am Ok, Thanks for wondering what was going on.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot