Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Judy how are U in the Main forums forums; I'm hoping you're Ok maybe just not near a computer. Last I heard you thought you broke a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 12:03 AM

Default Judy how are U

I'm hoping you're Ok maybe just not near a computer. Last I heard you thought you broke a toe and were traveling to Fla. I hope all is OK and you're well on your way to recovery post toe surgery. Me.. I'm still holding off even scheduling it!!! I think it will be around the first week in May!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Hi Maria,
I am fine. Just got back from Florida last night. I used a wheelchair at the airports. some times they were ready for me, sometimes not, but eventually they got their act together and i did catch all my flights.
I never would have made it trying to walk in my post op shoe thingy.
My foot really hurt and actually woke me up at night in Florida for the first 2 nights. Then i started icing it more and more and usually was at the couch or on the porch with my mom and had it up. It is better now. The doc told me to wear the shoe thing for at least 2 weeks , well that is now and i think i will just be hanging around the house today and won't need to put anything on.
My broken toe on the other foot is so painful . I feel it all the time. Half of my foot is bruised from that one. I am such a clutz.

The epidurals i had the week before the foot surgery did wonders. My hip pain and my butt pain is still gone. Last time i went to Florida in Feb. I was in a lot of back pain after the flights there. This time not so much at all. I still have the problem of the standing up straight, but the rest of the pain is gone. Now it is kind of just around my waist hurts . I will see my doc at the end of the month and have him take the x-rays to determine the alignment .
He is sending me to physical therapy to work on it all as that is the first step.

My mom has the old dial up type of internet so i rarely if ever get on her computer. Then i would have to know my log in info for ISpine and who knows what that is. I have it written down at home .

so i am Ok, Thanks for wondering what was going on.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM

Default your little toe

Judy,
Did your doctor or anyone see the other foot w/the ? broken toe? When I've ?broken my little toe I don't remember having bruising of that degree. I gather it's healing re color change of the bruise? Is it the toe itself that hurts alot or the area that is bruised?

Sounds like your hammertoe surgery toes are doing better than the other foot little toe.. or maybe about the same.

Glad the ESI helped you with travel. It always helped me as well tho I still don't think I could sit now for 5 hours plus tho I can at least ride my bike for about an hour without any repercussion except saddle seat numbness for a bit.

If I ride farther I'm going to get off the seat and walk a bit with the bike. I think my back would appreciate that.

take care and heal well~ Maria
Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 PM

When i saw the doctor i was going to show him my other foot, but was also needing to go home , finish packing, take a shower and leave for the airport so i never bothered. If i knew it would bruise my foot so much and keep hurting, i would have surely shown him!!!
The stitches have a typical Judy story around them. WEll,the doc sends in the nurse to take them out. So then i leave. At home i have a little over an hour to finish getting ready. I look at the bottom of my foot and see she has not taken the stitches out!!! I call and explain what is going on and i am told to come back and she will take me right away. So no breakfast, finished packing and no shower. I get back and through paging her many times i end up wasting 20 minutes. Then i see her calling some patients in and i just get in line!! Then she deals with the other patients, now it is 2 hours until my flight and i am at the doctors office. So she finally comes in (she knew all along that i was on my way to the airport) she is very quick and i ask her if she got them all. She assures me she did and i say both little toes. Well no , she had only got one. AAAHHHH She gets everything out again and takes the other stitches out. I was lucky they put me through quickly so i didn't have to wait in the long security line. When i got to the gate it was boarding time. Just made it.

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 04-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Default wow

That sure was a rush you had before leaving! Hope now that you're home you can relax (or relax more). Hope everything is going OK re other stuff.

I rode my bike 7 miles yesterday. That feels soooo good!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:17 PM

that is great Maria. I remember when my first was little , i got on the bike path up here and rode to the beach. I made my husband pick us up after work. It was a long way, but really fun. I would love to do that again. I am just afraid of riding with my back.
It is so hilly here , i wish there was flat land around me to try it out with .
I think i will wait until physical therapy and ask my therapist what he thinks about bike riding.You've got me motivated!!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery