View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:31 PM

Default Bulge of L4 and LL disc

I have a bluge in my L4 and L5 disc. I just received my 5th cortisone injection with in 4 months. First two were in one nerve and second one was on both sides higher up. I went for an electronic mapping which showed it was actyually pinching s1 nerve and this is my second injection in this location. I am concerned about the number of injections in such a s short amount of time, They tell me a surgeon would not do anything for me and I do not want another injection if this one doesn't produce results. Previous injections were unsucessful. The last one is the only one which provide any relief. I had a negiative reaction to the second and now take Benadryl before each one and after. I have suffered with this for a year and have had trouble off and one for multiple years. I went a Chiropractor, Accupuncturist and have been through the gamit of anti-inflaitories. I prsently take Naproxen 2X's a day. They wanted to give me Hydrocodone. I need ideas on where to go next. My own Physician insists that I be conseitive witrh my approach and the pain management Dr. has just continued injecting me. I have seen that there maybe other options but I need some thoughts. Thanks for anything you can give me.