View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum!!!

I'm not a doctor and may be completely wrong... but here goes...

The hemangioma is a benign mass/tumor of blood vessels. As I understand it, they are not significant unless they are putting pressure on nerves or spinal cord or other sensitive area. Yours is contained in the T4 vertebra.

Does your pain correspond to the compression fracture? I would think that if it was years old, it would have stabilized by now. I had a young client (late teens) with a compression fracture. They recommended that they leave it alone if it is not causing problems.

Here is another story about a cervical compression fracture that healed up without surgery. Success Story

In some cases, they'll stabilize a compression fracture by injecting some 'bone cement' into the fractured vertebra.

As I understand it, modic changes are the predictable changes that occur in the vertebral bodies next to degenerative discs. I can't describe them now... but a google search will yield some quick definitions. These changes are not necessarily an issue. They just show how far down the degenerative cascade the system is. I believe that the name comes from the doctor that first classified these changes... Dr. Modic.

Note that severe degeneration with substantial changes MAY be asymptomatic, while discs that don't look very bad can still be highly symptomatic.

I think you'll find this page interesting and useful. The Modic Vertebral Endplate and Marrow Changes: Pathologic Significance and Relation to Low Back Pain and Segmental Instability of the Lumbar Spine

Good luck... please keep us posted as you make progress.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org