View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 02:39 PM

Default re your upcoming surgery

I wish you the best w/surgery on Tues and hope that you'll treat yourself rather gently to begin with esp. having somone to drive you home post surgery. Even tho it's supposed to be out patient and one is supposed to be free of pain afterwards you are still having some alteration of spinal mechanics so I would think it best to err on the side of caution and go slow with your post op recovering just to make sure that the surgeon's wonderful efforts are given the best shot in terms of recovery and long term outcome.

I had an outpatient spine surgery too.. my 2nd one.. it failed pretty terribly (was percutaneous) tho those were the beginning days of this surgery type and the surgeon while older and experienced in Neurosurgical treatment of the spine (probably open discectomies/lamis, fusions, etc) was probably not so experienced with this surgery. I was told I could go right back to work within a week which did not happen and in fact nothing I was told happened as it should~

Just saying.. make sure you give yourself the best shot at getting better! Have a great surgical outcome and please let us know more when you're able!