Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Consultation: Center #2 in the Main forums forums; My prayers were answered. After two days ago, when I went to the quasi-medical factory, I was really disheartened ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 AM

Default Consultation: Center #2

My prayers were answered. After two days ago, when I went to the quasi-medical factory, I was really disheartened about the whole thing. But I decided I really didn't want a fusion, so I put on my big girl pants and headed out to center #2 in Hudson, Florida. I got such a good vibe walking in, the outside was clean and inviting looking and the receptionist was really nice. I waited for five minutes and the doctor came in to see me. After telling him all of my problems and showing him x-rays he said I was a great candidate for the procedure. Then he explained exactly what it is. They use a laser with to burn away excess bone that is pushing against the nerves near the spine. The incision is literally a half inch big and their success rate is great. Even if they don't succeed, all you get is a almost microscopic scar and lost money. I am confident though that I have found my center and my doctor. They are a really small center with only two or three operating rooms and the staff feels really close-knit. A great "family" feeling and a great team of surgeons and staff with high success rates? Sign me up! And I did; surgery is next Tuesday. I am so excited and anxious for my pain to be gone. I'm going biking this weekend with my family and am so glad to think it is the last time for a while that I will do so wincing with pain from my back. Did I mention the recovery time is only a couple of hours? Outpatient, you can even drive back yourself. This beats a fusion anyday, and I am so happy I found the place I did and worked up the energy to go there.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 AM

Default sounds promising

I'm not sure if everything is as simple as it's made to sound tho I do hope that this procedure will work in your case and give the desired results. Good luck with this and if there is someone familiar with what you're having done perhaps this person (Mark/Keano) will respond. Glad you felt comfortable with this consult and hope the prescribed surgery will resolve your problems!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Keano16 Send a message via Skype™ to Keano16

Why don't you share doctor and facility name?

2005 - 2012: Rich personal experience with spinal disorders and various treatments (surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic)
Co-Founder: Vertebris Internationl Spine Hospital
Founder: Spinoteka - Society for Spine Diseases
Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 AM

Good Luck on Tuesday, i sure hope it gets rid of your pain.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 07-22-2012, 02:39 PM

Default re your upcoming surgery

I wish you the best w/surgery on Tues and hope that you'll treat yourself rather gently to begin with esp. having somone to drive you home post surgery. Even tho it's supposed to be out patient and one is supposed to be free of pain afterwards you are still having some alteration of spinal mechanics so I would think it best to err on the side of caution and go slow with your post op recovering just to make sure that the surgeon's wonderful efforts are given the best shot in terms of recovery and long term outcome.

I had an outpatient spine surgery too.. my 2nd one.. it failed pretty terribly (was percutaneous) tho those were the beginning days of this surgery type and the surgeon while older and experienced in Neurosurgical treatment of the spine (probably open discectomies/lamis, fusions, etc) was probably not so experienced with this surgery. I was told I could go right back to work within a week which did not happen and in fact nothing I was told happened as it should~

Just saying.. make sure you give yourself the best shot at getting better! Have a great surgical outcome and please let us know more when you're able!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano16 View Post
Why don't you share doctor and facility name?
Bonati Institute in Hudson Florida. My surgery is tomorrow and can't sleep I am so excited!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to Keano16 Send a message via Skype™ to Keano16

Good to know. Heard good things about dr. Bonati. He has good reputation among MISS surgeons

2005 - 2012: Rich personal experience with spinal disorders and various treatments (surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic)
Co-Founder: Vertebris Internationl Spine Hospital
Founder: Spinoteka - Society for Spine Diseases
Old 07-24-2012, 06:41 PM

Interesting. I ended going to LSI first with a little success. Then I had to go to Bonati to get it fixed right. From my experience, you are making the best decision. Hope you do well.

4/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 right
8/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 left
12/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L4/5 right and left

9/09 Piriformis surgery to remove piriformis muscle causing sciatica
Old 07-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Administrator

I'm looking forward to good news... surgery should be over now. Please post an update when you are up to it.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-25-2012, 03:32 AM

Just posted my update guys! Its a thread titled "Post-Op Thoughts"
Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Posting link to Karrey's update for ease of browsing...

Post-Op Thoughts and Feelings
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-27-2012, 07:10 PM

Thanks for that!