View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 AM

Hope you are doing ok. I had my surgery on 13 Nov and am at 6 weeks now. Although the surgical pain is gone, new pain is developing in my legs -- unclear the cause at this point. I don't know how you'll be able to go back to your type of work. In talking with my niece about your situation, she suggested that you go outside the military system to a private dr to get a review of your medical condition and use that to work with your navy doc and command for additional time and/or restricted duties. With the extensiveness of your surgery, you'll need a lot more time to ensure the fusion takes and you don't do more damage. That's esp importantly given the location of your surgery since further damage could be catastrophic. My niece hasn't contacted a private doc yet herself, but one of her nco's suggested it to her. You'd have to pay out of pocket, but a lot of docs will give you a self-pay discount. Don't know if that helps at all, but hope you're able to get through this without much trouble! Best wishes to you!