View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM

Default L5S1 not fully autofused per OSS

I went to see Dr.Spencer in LB yesterday. 2 hour wait for 2 min appt tho he ordered an xray since I hadn't had one in 4 years I think he said. Well, it appears that I have not autofused at L5S1 tho looking pretty "crummy" he said and that he thought the facets had autofused back there so that's why that level felt better. He did say that my most recent flare up was most likely L4 which is "shot" in his words tho the other disc spaces look good to him. I thought I might have an L3 prob going on.

I told him I go to the gym several times/week and do a very light work out however on adduction and adbuction I feel the left side is weaker than the right and he said he thought the glute on that side was weakened from nerve involvement on that side. Said to keep doing the exercises tho as long as it's not aggravating my pain.

He said an MRI would probably just show I have a "crappy spine" as he puts it and unless my pain is chronically worse which it's not then not to consider a fusion which I'm not at this point.

We are both getting older I noticed (he has been my primary treating spine doctor since 1998).