View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:28 PM

Wink

Judy,

I tried crying at first. I think I yelled at the door. No one was home when the surgery scheduler called. I texted my husband.

This is not the first time this has happened, well, it is a first, and hopefully last, for the cervical. I have been cancelled before, most of them insurance related.
First, I heard it was a month and then when I spoke further, it may be just three or four weeks and then, surgery schedule full up, not til a month plus.
I am in so much pain right now, I am not really thinking about it, too deep. I am thinking about the pain, it is preoccupying my mind.

I had a pretty full week but that has come to a stop today. I just made myself some nachos out of leftovers from Taco Thursday. When I was munching on the nachos, I realized I was having trouble picking up the chips so that stuff is back today.
I went to bed last night after midnight, because I forgot to take the antibiotic before dinner. Then the pain woke me up after 2:30 and I never managed to get back to sleep. I went downstairs to read Sports Illustrated, but that didn't help.
I am going to try to nap after I finish here.

I have lost a few toe nails in the past, usually when I ran into something or dropped something on the unsuspecting toe. Not the most pleasant thing.
What did you do Judy? Did you drop a couple bowling balls on your feet?

Shoot me an e-mail if you can. Maybe with the extra time, I can meet up with you half way or something like that after you regain your mobility.

I am holding hope that I get that May 8th slot for surgery. Nap time.

Runner