View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 05:31 AM

Default Well, I have a pain in my...

tooth.

Yes, I have a tooth ache. I am just about 11 days from my upcoming surgery.
Saw the dentist about two-and-a-half weeks ago and a tooth in my upper right side of my mouth was sensitive to cold. So I made plans to fix the tooth when I was able to after surgery, at least six weeks after. Dentist said crown or filling needed to be replaced, depending on which tooth was sensitive. Well, of course, the tooth did not want to wait and became sensitive to cold and hot stuff on Thursday.
So called the dentist up Thursday afternoon and said, "I need to do something about this tooth". Of ccoouurrse, the dentist is not in Friday or next week. Made an appointment for the 13th to at least have him protect it until I could get it worked on. I figured I might make it until then, but of course, I came down with a bonafide tooth ache the next day.

Discussed my predicament with hubby and I decided to call the endodontist that morning, rather than finding another dentist, as my regular dentist, the one on vacation, is an hour drive from my home. I am no stranger to root canals, since I got these big fillings as a kid and one by one they have failed or needed to be replaced. I brush and brush and brush and floss and still, my dental hygienist declared my gums a disaster area at my last appointment. Give me a break.

So Monday I have an appointment with Dr. Endodontist. They will take care of it, I was told. I have a feeling or my tooth is telling me that root canal No. too many to count is coming up.

R