View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

I finally got my medical marijuana card. By using a high CBD cannabis I was finally able to get off the opiates after 10 years. My Oxycontin script was 160mg plus Roxicodone as a breakthrough. The last few years it was all Roxi (90mg every 3 hrs). (+Valium & Neurontin) It took almost a year of tapering off to 30mg...then 15mg. I tried withdrawing 3x from 15mg and my spine pain was awful after 3 days. The doctors put me on Suboxone which was way worse than Roxi. Suboxone made me high and stayed in my system longer so we stopped that. The past few months I was on 8mg Roxi then 4mg and have been totally off for a month now. It's a lot of cannabis to use to make up for the opiates but the first 2 weeks are the worst. I'm taking vitamins & supplements, getting massage, TENS unit, using massage chair. If I can get off opiates, anyone can. I've had doctors tell me there's "no hope" and I'd be on opiates & anti-depressants the rest of my life. A year ago I almost believed them, now I know better. Get off the opiates and get a medical marijuana card and high CBD cannabis. I still have the same chronic pain, I'm just dealing with it differently.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC

Last edited by Eddie G; 06-18-2013 at 11:59 PM.