View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 07:19 PM

Default Thoracic spasm or ?

I know I have some problem at some thoracic level as I was told that long ago by my OSS and long before it ever bothered me at all (he thought this level would be next re problems but my cervical spine started bothering me next after lumbar spine). Occasionally it hurts straight across my upper back like my lower back used to do but generally if I don't do certain things I can keep it under wraps Ok.

Today I woke up and as I was getting out of bed took a deep breath and got a sudden pain in my Thoracic spine that hurt so bad I was afraid to breath deeply again for a bit. The pain lingered on a mildly moderate level for a few hours and now is calming down but I also have a pain that is almost at the same level though in the front of my chest (sort of deep inside) and feels like there's a lump in my throat or some weird type of feeling. My neck is hurting today too and crunching a lot I think because of the colder weather and the upcoming rain (barometric pressure changes?).

Hate to make an appointment for another level of spinal concern. I am not having trouble with anything other than discomfort for now but of course am not lifting anything heavy, doing any overhead type of reaching, exercises, etc. but I do feel exhausted just having more pain somewhere in my body.

It's kind of a weird area to try and calm down too re positioning.

Last edited by Maria; 12-15-2014 at 07:22 PM.