Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Thoracic spasm or ? in the Main forums forums; I know I have some problem at some thoracic level as I was told that long ago by my OSS ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2014, 07:19 PM

Default Thoracic spasm or ?

I know I have some problem at some thoracic level as I was told that long ago by my OSS and long before it ever bothered me at all (he thought this level would be next re problems but my cervical spine started bothering me next after lumbar spine). Occasionally it hurts straight across my upper back like my lower back used to do but generally if I don't do certain things I can keep it under wraps Ok.

Today I woke up and as I was getting out of bed took a deep breath and got a sudden pain in my Thoracic spine that hurt so bad I was afraid to breath deeply again for a bit. The pain lingered on a mildly moderate level for a few hours and now is calming down but I also have a pain that is almost at the same level though in the front of my chest (sort of deep inside) and feels like there's a lump in my throat or some weird type of feeling. My neck is hurting today too and crunching a lot I think because of the colder weather and the upcoming rain (barometric pressure changes?).

Hate to make an appointment for another level of spinal concern. I am not having trouble with anything other than discomfort for now but of course am not lifting anything heavy, doing any overhead type of reaching, exercises, etc. but I do feel exhausted just having more pain somewhere in my body.

It's kind of a weird area to try and calm down too re positioning.

Last edited by Maria; 12-15-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:32 PM

Maria--How are you feeling today?
I'm just wondering if this is something other than a spinal issue.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:46 AM

Default re today

Thanks for asking.. it bothered me all day yesterday to some degree even as I went to bed last night and I did something I felt a "catch" in that area. However today when I awakened after a near 5 hours of sleep in a position I think was more helpful for my cervical and T spine I didn't have any pain in that area however my lumbar spine was really bothersome most of the day.. until it let up.

Weather seems to have quite an impact on my spine such as if it's going to rain and such.. at least for my lumbar spine. It felt like an alien was trying to bust out of my lower back today and I was miserable up until the mid afternoon. Things started to ease off about 3p.m. and my lumbar spine feels fine now.

My T spine isn't bothering me either. My cervical spine either.

I'm still going to make an appt. with my OSS and ask him about it. That pain was so sharp when it occurred and the feeling I had that felt like it went from my back thru my front (chest) in some manner was very uncomfortable. I have had it before and had a cardiac work up even for the chest discomfort and that all checked out Ok so I think it's related to my T spine .. of course that's just me "supposing" because as soon as I feel better I hesitate
to check anything out anymore re not wanting to deal with anything else especially spine wise
Old 12-17-2014, 02:17 AM

I'm glad you are feeling better--that was quite a siege.
Let us know what the OSS says, please!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:01 PM

Default thanks Barbara

How are you doing btw .. been a while since you've posted.. I do hope all is well with you too!

I am doing even better today re my whole spine. Seems I am worse about a day or so before it's going to rain re my spine and just all over aches and pains re arthritis. That thoracic sharp pain upon inhaling is definitely freaky and has happened a few times in the last at least 5 plus years.

I know I've mentioned this before as well re walking Lola and her pulling me when I'm not really prepared for it .. I do believe that has something to do with both my neck and t-spine pain too. I hadn't had Lola for quite some time because of the posterior tibial tendonitis in both feet though have had her back again now the last few months and I have been doing pretty good with her although losing some sleep re her need to go out more frequently at night re her Lasix dose (gets it BID as well as two cardiac meds for her CHF).

zzz.. now I'm boring you and anyone that reads this so I'll stop. Be well and hope the Holiday season is good to you and everyone else here!

Maria
Old 12-18-2014, 01:07 AM

I am doing pretty well--most of my issues now are from soft-tissue injuries to my neck and shoulders from the two MVA's. Ziggy, in his old age, has calmed down some on the leash, which is quite fortunate. We are getting the storm you just went through--there will is snow in the mountains!

Thanks for asking.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:21 PM

Default Ziggy

I'm not too sure how to post a photo of Lola here although maybe you could post a photo of Ziggy? Lola is much more sedate in the warmer weather and practically comatose in the summer heat .. her heart is so enlarged and it's such an effort for her in the warmer weather to exert herself so she's really quite different then. It's go out do her business and come right back inside.

Now however with the cooler weather she is like her regular self and picking up the scent of the rabbits and squirrels and driving me mad pulling though it's those unexpected moves that seem to get my shoulder/neck area.

Knock on wood my low back while problematic at times (lately) doesn't seem to affected by Lola's "leadership" style of walking

It is however affected by me parking my tired bod on the futon sofa too long and the support not being enough (it's a firm futon sofa but not enough with a few years on it).

Weather wise today is sunny and lovely out! I do so love Southern California winters

Happy Holidays to you and your family and hope it's a relatively pain free one!
Maria
Old 12-21-2014, 01:51 PM

Hi Maria,
Sorry for the late reply.
I don't remember how to post photos either, but I will try--on the non-spine related forum.
Please take care of yourself and wishing you happy, healthy holidays as well!

Barbara