View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Now Hear This!

Okay everyone. I am quite familiar with sitting and standing issues which have plagued me just as much as anyone else.

A little known yet very effective tool is the tush cush. I can go by other names and qualities vary from where you buy it. It's generally under $50 but worth so much more in the relief it provides.

The tush cush is a wedge pillow with a small section cut out by the tail bone. By not sitting on your spine, most of the pressure is relieved allowing you to sit much more comfortably and for longer periods of time. Every spiney should have one or two or ten. I buy mine at a Relax the Back store. I keep one in my car and at my desk. When I sit somewhere else and am not using this cushion, I can tell the difference within 10 minutes. It's subtle but so effective. I've even gotten over the embarrassment of taking it with me (like to the movies, etc.).

If you don't like it or don't think it's working for you, you're only out $50. How much more do we all have invested in our backs? Try it!

Also just to mention it, zero gravity chairs relieve much back stress but can be quite costly. I love mine but the tush cush is much cheaper.