Thread: prodisc-L L4-L5
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:31 AM

michelle
yes i am still going to try to make the grand return to work on the 23rd. at this point i dont believe staying out another week or two will make that big a diff. so i am going to give it a try.

eddie i am a side sleeper and for the first few weeks i even slept with the brace on. and was able to sleep on either side after surgery. the main reason i wore the brace to bed early on was i toss and turn also in bed and was worried that i would move the wrong way. at about 2 weeks i stopped wearing the brace to bed and only wore it while i was up.
as ds stated at 6 weeks the hard plastic thingy came off which made the brace much easier to deal with.
and changing out the stiff metal strips for the lighter ones was great.
i stopped wearing the brace at about 9 or 10 weeks as the brace seemed to ride on the nerve at the top of my butt it had to go. although i would wear it to drive and PT.
eddie your surgery is coming up i wanted to make sure you knew all will be fine!! the force will be with you.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5