View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 AM

Maria,

Some times you're thinking logically and sometimes emotionally. But facing facts, your back is an emotional issue.

I don't know your personal circumstances, and I'm not sure where you're living now either. BUT you have only one back and it seems only one chance to get it right.

Now, if what happens in Germany stays there, why go? You want Dr. B & B's opinion but why does it have to stay there? If they tell you something different than your American doctors, I would think it opens the door for future discussion. If not, would you heed the advise from Germany and perhaps go there or would you simply do what WC tells you? Basically, would you go to Germany just for the info? No, of course not. If you go it's because you want their opinion to guide future decisions about your one and only back.

Now, if you get a different opinion from Germany and WC doesn't go along, would you go back for the surgery?

If you don't plan on bringing back whatever you might learn in Germany, don't bother going. However, if you fully intend to use that information, whether it be fighting with WC and/or eventually making your way back there for your surgery, then by all means, make whatever sacrifice is necessary.

My opinion is you can't afford to make too many wrong decisions before they can no longer be corrected. You (and me) already have one bad surgery under your belt and lots of unyielding scar tissue. One possibly is you might be left with regrets, the other is you might have to make extreme financial sacrifices. Which one is the bigger ouch?

Good luck Maria... and about your husband... sometimes we have no choice but to be dependent on others. If he's willing, he sounds like a good guy.

Dale