View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 10:41 PM

Hi Betsy,

I don't know how old you are but when I turned 50, things started going south, and I'm not just talking about my boobs. Men, you have your own southern exposure so don't laugh just because bras need to be made in 'long'.

I've had a bad back all my life. Now, I've got knee problems and quite bad tendonitis that seems to spread? Menapause brought on anemia and bone density issues. When I turned 40, I took no daily prescriptions. I soon developed (now severe) asthma. My thyroid quit working. I developed high blood pressure and a myriad of other ailments to the point, not including those prescriptions associated with my nerve damage, I now take 8 prescription drugs daily. I'm not complaining, it does no good and I find my friends are no different. Our bodies simply fall apart at some time, some of us, sooner and some later.

My own mother couldn't understand how I needed so many prescriptions where she took none, until about 2 years ago. She has now surpassed me. For her, it was later.

Different ailments require different intervention. I used to be resentful of all the medications I must take but then realized I should be grateful that there is something out there that can help me. Not so long ago, we either suffered of died. I am very upset with some side effects that interfere with life and am currently trying accupuncture as an alternative medicine. Time will tell but this is what it is.

By the way, when I heed my own advice, I do much better!

Good luck to you, Dale