View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrator

After the first few weeks of taking neurontin, I went back to my doctor and said, "it makes me stupid".

"No, it doesn't do that, I've not heard that before", he replied.

So I went to the braintalk forum and posted a question about Neuronton. I was inundated with replies like,

"I woke up and found my underwear in the refrigerator and didn't know how it got there."

We used to have a thread titled "Neurontinisms". I later adopted a pet name I learned from others.... MORONTIN.

A side-effect of getting better is that I haven't taken any Neurontin in 5 years. Now, when I do something stupid, I have to make up another excuse. "It's the pain... it's the meds" just doesn't work any more... it's just me!

Seriously, I took Neurontin for more than 2 years. It really helped with the leg pain. I did not like the brain fog, so I tried stopping it several times and learned how much it was really helping me. The side-effects were worth enduring for the benefits. I never took more than 1200mg/day. Not everyone experiences the brain fog. I've known people taking more than 4,000 mg/day without it.

When I took 1200, it was 300 am, 300 mid-day, 600 at night to help with sleep.

My understanding is that Topamax is magic for people who respond to it (25% per my PM at the time.) I tried it and had an allergic reaction... immediately went back to Neurontin. Now a lot of people are taking Lyrica... that was not available to me back then.

I'm glad that it's helping you. All our situations are so different and anything that helps can be an incredible benefit.

Talk to you soon...

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org